A week of beautiful cycling weather, that’s what it was like these last couple of days. Only sun and wind but no rain. It’s wonderful to ride with short sleeves and bibshorts again. Did many rides through the dunes in the early mornings. A good way to start a new day and to commute through nature.
This week the KMC chain was used. It’s a good chain, shifts nice and rolls very well. I did had an annoying crack in the drivetrain. So I cleaned the whole set yesterday. Also dismantled the cracks + chainring and cleaned them. The crack was still there, not as loud as before, but still there. So I need to look further. I think it’s my back wheel that cracking inside my aluminium frame. Pictures are before cleaning.
After this week the KMC chain measured between 132.7mm & 132.8mm. Chainring and Cassette still going strong.
Since I have done a big update/upgrade on my other MTB, I had the idea of upgrading this bike also. So here’s a list what I will be doing:
- Electronic shifting for my rear derailleur (for a cleaner handlebar look) DIY system using a servo.
- Handlebar/stem combi with integrated head light/camera and lights on the sides and battery pack.
- Own made seatpost/saddle(Carbon) with integrated rear light
- Headshok tweak so I have +/-25mm travel
- Rear brake light integration in frame
- Polished frame, with Orange parts
- 3M reflective details for better visibility at night
Here’s a start I made with the Handlebar/stem combo.
So lots of changes and work to do but I like it. I will keep you al posted on this project.
Untill next week